The Hall around the early 1950's in a sad and derelict state. Only a few years before it was largely demolished in 1952. The Conservatory has already gone, but feint traces of it can be seen on the end wall as a semi-circular mark around the dark opening in the wall. Also there seems to be a break in the structure where it adjoins the west wing [Centre of image] which suggests that the former servants hall and kitchens had already been removed.
[Taken from a print kindly provided by Dennis Morritt, a photo he took in his youth.]
June, 2004 Scanned